As we enter the final week of school holidays, now is a good time to assess how they are going? Here's a few thoughts:
- If you make promises to your kids these holidays be absolutely, positively, friggin sure you can carry them out. Childhood memories of broken promises can linger for years. Never take them lightly.
- Don't let kids rot in front of the TV and/or computer/Xbox/Wii blaa blaa for the duration of the holidays. Get them out and walking, running playing every day.
- Keep the job roster going. In fact now is a good time for them to do extra jobs to earn pocket money.
- Play a board game with them at least once this holidays. The more the better.
- Teach them to cook one of your favourite meals these holidays. This exercise may cause you to pull your hair out but more than likely they will still be cooking it in 20 years time and they will always remember the day you taught them.
Enjoy the last few days folks...